I've now written a web interface to Hoogle 4, which has been uploaded to http://haskell.org/hoogle/beta/. This web interface is primarily so people can test searching/ranking without installing anything. There are a number of limitations:
- The links to documentation do not work - this is the most severe problem, and probably stops people permanently changing to the new version.
- The Haddock documentation is not present.
- Some database entries are duplicates.
- The Lambdabot says feature is missing.
- The Suggestion feature is incomplete.
- The AJAX style client features are not present.
The first three issues are fixed in Hoogle, but need various support through Haddock and Cabal to work. Other than these limitations, I am very interested in hearing what people think. As before, particularly regressions from Hoogle 3 or poor results/ranking.